Property Letting - Finding Tenants
EL&M will find suitable tenants for residential property and will set up a tenancy by means of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement.
We offer a competitive fixed fee on our Let Only service. We also offer an alternative facility for collecting the
rent for the first six months of the term and taking our remuneration from the rents received which give Landlords cash
flow advantages in the early weeks of a tenancy and is a form of deferred payment. If a Landlord receives no rent,
we make no charge, but since we like being paid, we do everything possible to see that this does not happen!
The letting the service includes -
- A preliminary assessment of the property and free advice aimed at optimising its letting potential;
- A rental recommendation, marketing advice and information on preliminary legal requirements;
- Obtaining the necessary Energy Performance Certificate and Landlord's Gas Safety Certificate. We have arrangements with local contractors who can supply these items for Landlords at competitive rates;
- Preparation of letting particulars- arranging advertising and issuing information;
- Conducting accompanied viewings of property;
- Taking tenancy applications and taking up references, including in-house tenant verification checks using authorised web-based enquiry systems;
- Reporting to Landlords in writing with recommendations;
- Drawing up a tenancy agreement and completing its formalities;
- Collecting the Deposit (if taken) and making it over to the Landlord.
Records of Condition - We will prepare a documented record of the condition of a property at the start of any tenancy with a schedule of fixtures and fittings and supporting photographs, if asked to do so. Such documents are important in the context of Tenants' Deposit Protection legislation. A charge is made for the preparation of a Record if it is an addition to the basic "Tenant Finder" service.
Tenants' Deposits - these are protected by law. We offer to take care of Tenants' Deposits for Landlords and to deal with the necessary paperwork. We make a modest one-off charge if we are asked to administer a Tenant's Deposit.
Full Management Service
Within the Full Management option, we will find Tenants for property, as above and without making a charge for letting
the property. Additionally, we will prepare a Record of Condition, administer the Tenant's deposit, collect
the rent, carry out periodic property inspections, deal with administration matters of a recurring nature,
arrange for minor repairs to be carried out and deal with day-to-day enquiries and issues. We do not deal
with insurance. We charge a commission on rents received for the management part of this function.
Further details are available on enquiry.
We can arrange for the refurbishment of property, using our network of established and reliable local trades, to a Client's
specification and budget.
Return to Top of Page